Saturday, August 2, 2008

Welcome to my NEW Blog Home!

Welcome to my new home! I felt it was time for a change and a fresh start. I can't say I'll be any better at keeping up to date on the entries, because as of late, it's been C-R-A-Z-Y, but at least the layout is fresh and you can view some new pics in a slide show.

I know you're all DYING to know what's been going on since the surprising layoff. Bouncing right back like the pro I have become, I landed a contract job at the Federal Reserve Bank. I'm covering for someone out on maternity leave, but I'm staying very positive and doing what I do best - work my butt off and get things in line and organized and I've already 'WOWED' everyone I work with. We're hoping this will become something permanent as the Fed appears to be a VERY stable organization! Ahhh - to finally be free of potential lay-offs and enjoy what I do all in the same spin!

In the 5 weeks I was waiting for this opportunity to come along, I was actually able to fit in a mini-vacation to the OBX, which I haven't really been able to enjoy in YEARS! I worked on my GREAT tan, spent time with the kids I babysit, made some $$ on the side and was able to RELAX for a while. Despite the employment and financial set-back, the universe has been very good to me. I've finally been able to enjoy a summer after having missed the last two due to work hours. Being the sun worshiper that I am, all of the rays have helped with the depression, too.

And the all important question everyone always asks, "Am I seeing ANYONE?" Well, let me see? I see a lot of people! At the store, at work, while driving, while walking, on TV.... OH! You mean the OTHER kind of seeing! That, my dears, is a loaded question! Am I involved, in love and on the marriage track? HECK NO! But, I do have a couple (yes, meaning TWO) of "gentlemen friends" in my life at the moment and for the most part am very content with the state of affairs. They aren't beau's, boyfriend's, lover's or such.... simply wonderful men who put up with my shit and enjoy spending time with me and likewise. No stress, no mess, and it's just the way I like it... as Janet Jackson says "I'm in control"...lol, and they would probably agree, too :). Seriously, though, control meaning I won't get hurt, it's not serious and it's just the type of relationships I like. Though, I will admit, I have developed quite a fondness for the two and do miss them when I don't see them.

I hope everyone else is doing MAHvelous and will catch up to you all very soon!

No comments: