Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mamma Mia!!!

I'm hooked! I went with the girls to go see "Mamma Mia" yesterday afternoon. I had always "poo pooed" the idea of the musical because I couldn't fathom making a musical of ABBA music. Now don't get me wrong- I LOVE ABBA, always have!



Sitting in the theater, it took me right back to the very first album I ever bought, at a garage sale: ABBA Arrival! And I was hooked! I sang, I laughed, I cried, I boogied in my seat (lol). Meryl Streep was HILARIOUS in the movie! I kept seeing my mom in MANY of the scenes, being silly, dancing like a dork, sticking her tongue out. Even she agreed. And I would NEVER pass up an afternoon with Pierce Brosnan (YUMM-O!)!!! His wife is a very lucky woman! I'll spare you the rest of the details ;)... hubba, hubba!

I ran out today and bought the soundtrack and can't get the songs out of my head (which is a hell of a lot better than that STUPID Flobots song "No Handlebars" which has been resonating there for days!). 'Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie!', 'Waterloo', 'Money, Money, Money', 'I Have a Dream'.... I've been singing all night and day. What a FUN movie! I highly recommend it to everyone!

Setting it in Greece was awesome. I loved the trail up to the church, the beautiful white and blue houses, Aphrodite (you have to see to understand) and the water. Jenni and I just love the culture there. Both mom AND Mary said "Both of you girls would fit right in!" (a little background. Mary, Jenni and I went to the movie. Mary is Jenni's mom. EVERYONE who sees us thinks Jenni, Mary and I are related......my mom is adopted. You put the puzzle pieces together). Now, if I can just find myself a handsome Greek to sweep me away to one of those beautiful islands....



4 comments:

Bats in the Belfry said...

Hey Sister Girl, This is my blog on blogspot. Been here for a bit. I'll link yours to mine!

Helen said...

hellOOOOOO sista! What's shakin bacin? Like my new blog? do ya, huh? huh? lol

Bats in the Belfry said...

Yup. Have you checked out mine yet? Or are we teachers too boring with that whole school thing? It can get a little old I've been told.

Helen said...

Yep! I think it's pretty much the same stuff on your MySpace, though? I did enjoying seeing the picture of the teacher friend you lost earlier this year, though. She looked like a very sweet person.