Friday, August 29, 2008

GREAT Old Movies!

I was going through a lot of my old black and white VHS' that I had recorded, seeing if any of them are still in viewable condition (some are over 15 years old!) MAN those were some great classics! My favorite actresses were Veronica Lake - of course! - So Proudly We Hail, I Married a Witch, Sullivan's Travels. Then there's Claudette Colbert, also in So Proudly We Hail and The Guilded Lily. And I can't forget Merle Oberon! She was in one of the first movies that got me hooked on the classics, These Three, which lead to Wuthering Heights, 'Til We Meet Again, The Scarlet Pimpernal.

Of course I followed all of the leading ladies, icons of their time, portraying women of strength, courage... and guile :). Some of the tapes still work, a couple are better off ditching. I'll have to see if I can't find a collection of these on DVD somewhere! I could spend a whole, rainy afternoon watching them all! ~~~~~ I MUST go to bed now. If I don't it'll be another day of arriving late at work!

No comments: